ONE DAY COURSE (9.30am - 4.30pm)
Only £155.00 per person inc. VAT
The delights of a traditional Christmas
Ah, Christmas dinner: roast turkey, stuffing, sprouts, Yorkshire pudding, bread sauce, all the trimmings, Christmas pud, mince pies… these are the things that make Christmas the biggest culinary event of the year.
We’ll take those favourites and show you how you can do most of the donkey work days, if not weeks, in advance.
Let us take the stress and strain out of what should be a fun and relaxing day by imparting loads of cheffy tips and tricks.
A warm welcome and a chat from our chef
So, on your How to cook the perfect Christmas Dinner Cookery Class, you’ll arrive at our school (all decked out with the tree and fairy lights) to be met with a warm Yuletide welcome that includes a hot drink and spiced biscuits. Our chef will then give you your recipe packs and you can chat with him about what’s in store.
- Turkey and all the trimmings
- Turkey: we’ll joint the bird, removing the legs for long slow cooking (at home you can do this several days in advance) and take the Crown (the two breasts on their breastplate) for quick roasting on the big day. This way, the two very different meats are served at their best.
- Veg: we have some great recipes and tips to prepare and cook the traditional Christmas veg – sprouts, parsnips and roast potatoes.
- Trimmings: stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sauce and gravy – all done days ahead.
- Christmas Pudding: we’ll prepare the mix and get it on to steam early so it’ll be ready in time for you to take home.
- Mulled Wine: how to make it in advance and drink it at its best